Body transformations are legit. But true “holy crap” major transformations are rare. Whether it’s the overweight to bikini body transformation, or the skinny guy to greek god transformation, those are not as easy as the advertising makes it sound.
But, as Tony Robbins famously says, “Success Leaves Clues.” Based on investigative journalism by Chris Shugart, and the findings from Precision Nutrition, one of the largest body transformation challenges on the planet, I have identified nine common denominators amongst the winners of these contests.
Whether you are interested in a major transformation of your own body, or just looking for a tune-up, these nine tips will help!
Listen in as I identify the top nine things that body transformation contest winners have in common. Whether you are interested in a personal transformation, or just needing a little tune up, these tips will help!
Body transformations are legit. But truly “holy crap” major transformations are rare. Whether its the overweight to bikini body transformation, or the skinny guy to Greek god transformation, those are not as easy as the advertising makes it sound.
But, as Tony Robbins famously says, “Success Leaves Clues.” Base on investigative journalism by Chris Shugart, and the findings from one of the largest body transformation challenges on the planet, Precision Nutrition, I have identified nine common denominators that the winners of these contests share.
Whether you are interested in a major transformation of your own body, or just looking for a tune-up, these nine tips will help!
*** I am looking for a handful of people who are interested in a fun body transformation challenge in 2019. And I have a serious hook up for Precision Nutrition and Procoach (well, they’re free). check out the details here: dirobi.com/pages/pro ***
But first, see if you can relate to any of the following:
- You’re more tired than you used to be.
- You can’t exercise fat off anymore.
- You are super busy and don’t have as much time for health and nutrition as you used to.
- You are overwhelmed with work and family responsibilities.
- You are having a little more brain fog and forgetfulness than you used to…
- You are either taking medications or fear you will have to in the near future.
You also have some life experience behind you, and you know that short-term, quick-fix stuff just doesn’t last or create permanent change. Trying to improve through these schemes eventually puts you right back where you started, or maybe even a few pounds heavier.
You’re not easy to fool.
Because I know that most of you listening are middle aged, and have a serious interest in health, I am going to present this information in a realistic, longer term approach, rather than focus on the quick transformations of 6-12 weeks that may be unrealistic and are more likely to fail.
Instead the focus here is to:
- Reclaim your vigor and stamina
- Present a program that integrates seamlessly into a busy life, taking literally minutes per day
- No difficult dieting, you eat normal food
- Workout plans can be scaled to work from home or a gym
- Includes “best of breed” supplements that are tailored to your personal needs and situation.
1. Attitude. Interestingly, most people who achieve the most dramatic transformations started with an attitude of being angry, not being positive. This example from Chris Bartl sums this attitude up nicely. “I didn’t like the way I looked, the way I felt, or the way I was leading my life. I was fat and it pissed me off.”
“People who get angry and fed up with being out of shape always have the most amazing, lasting transformations,” says Olesya Novik. “They feel like they’ve got nothing left to lose, so they push themselves to extremes and keep coming back for more.”
So, if you’re ready for a transformation, a little negative energy may lead to more success than positive affirmations. Note it’s not about feeling sorry for yourself though, it’s about constructive realization about elements you are unhappy with in your life and a personal commitment to change them.
2. They surround themselves with people who will help them achieve their goals, and they get a coach.
John Berardi: “Most successful body transformations begin by surrounding yourself with fit people going after the same goals,” Berardi says. These could be friends who’re at your level, or mentors and role models who pull you up to their level. “Either way,” Berardi adds, “Relationships like these insulate you against the sort of negativity that comes from friends, family, and coworkers who aren’t on board with your quest for self-improvement.”
For best success, you need to maximize your time with healthy people who encourage you, and cut back time with friends or family members who are negative.
3. They are committed to their goals, and set hard deadlines.
Joel Marion, a Body for Life champion and coach, says it this way, “Compare someone with a goal of ‘I want to change my body’ to someone whose goal is ‘I want to weigh 175 pounds at 10 percent body fat by April 1,’ ” Marion says. “The second person is about a million times more likely to make a dramatic change to his body, and it all starts with a highly specific goal.”
4. They keep nutrition logs. You don’t have to do this forever, but during your transformation you should at least for a week at a time here and there, to make sure you are on track.
5. They have a plan and they stick to it.
To quote Chris Shugart: “I spoke with a female pro bodybuilder once about how she handled cardio when it came time to get lean for a show. Her plan was simple: Every morning she’d go outside and run up and down the stairs of her apartment building.
That’s it. Nothing fancy – no treadmill, stopwatch, or heart-rate monitor. And it worked. Why? Because she stuck to it.”
You have to pick one methodology, hopefully from your coach, and stick to it. They all can work, but trying all of them along the way WON’T work. Don’t worry about picking the perfect plan, just pick a plan and stick to it.
6. Fitness. If you’re not building up a sweat and being active weekly, let’s face it, you’re fighting an uphill battle. Those who achieve the best results work hard. You have to be smart about it, and scale up, but within each workout make sure you are giving it your all, push yourself. Body transformations require a good work ethic.
7. Nutrition. You have probably realized by now that good abs will be created more by what you eat than how much you exercise. Body transformation success stories come from following a sound nutritional plan. Again, don’t get caught up in the “named diets” and assume it has to be “paleo” or “low carb” or “keto” etc. Ideally, your nutrition comes from your coach, and you buy into their program and follow it as best you can.
Again from John Berardi, Ph.D: “Every single person that I’ve seen go through a successful body transformation has increased his or her awareness of what they’re eating, and how it contributes to a healthy, better-functioning, and better-looking body. So, rather than just eating whatever’s available whenever it’s available, as most people do, they’re more discerning about what they eat, when they eat, and why they’re eating it.”
8. Supplements. You need a solid supplement strategy that addresses your needs and deficiencies. I guarantee you, if we have your blood drawn and test for micro-nutrients, you have AT LEAST 4-10 deficiencies. In addition, when you start a program like this, it can be a real challenge to get enough protein. I doubt there are very many transformation success stories that didn’t incorporate protein powder into their program.
At minimum taking a high quality vitamin, mineral, fish oil, and protein. In addition a good Turmeric product for joint support would be good for those over the age of 30 or so.
Additionally you could consider pre-workout, intra workout, and post workout supplements to pour gas on the fire.
9. They eliminate all or nothing thinking. NOBODY has a perfect diet. They don’t allow setbacks to blow up their whole program.
Olesya Novik: “People who are most successful allow for minor setbacks. Most people who convince themselves that they’ll be 100 percent dedicated and will lose at least two pounds a week for four months usually end up dropping the whole program as soon as they step on the scale and see that it only moved a half-pound down. Those who’re patient with themselves, set smaller goals, and actually expect to have a bad day once in a while end up ahead because they’re never disappointed enough to quit.”
Moving forward, our company Dirobi has a solution we will be offering for those interested in sustainable health transformations.
Have you thought of Precision Nutrition coaching? Chances are, you have, but maybe haven’t ever done it because of the $179 a month price tag.
So yes, it would be amazing to have some of the worlds top PhD nutritionists guide you every single day for a year to achieve the best health of your life, but it’s expensive!
But what if I told you there is a way you CAN get the full blown, undiluted Precision Nutrition course, absolutely free?
Here’s how it works. In Precision Nutrition, one of the things they teach is that everybody should take a high quality multivitamin and mineral supplement. You probably already know that.
Unfortunately, most multivitamins and mineral supplements are made of inexpensive ingredients, and they don’t have the right balance of what our bodies are actually deficient in.
Most Multivitamins come in tiny white tablets that go right through your system, and they are not robust enough to fill micro-nutrient defiencies, aid in weight loss, blood-sugar management, and lowered cholesterol- three of the top things middle aged people deal with.
Dirobi has created an amazing package deal that gives you the ultimate multivitamin and mineral supplements, combined with Precision Nutrition’s professional coaching, workouts, AND nutrition plans! Addressing nutrition, exercise, and supplementation in world class fashion for as little as $67 per month!
Here’s how it works.
We have put together some monthly subscription plans that are designed for the differing needs of our customers. All you have to do is choose the one that makes the most sense to you, and once we get the order info, we create your Precision Nutrition account.
While you wait for your supplements to arrive, go through the intake questionnaire. I will warn you right now, it’s intense. Prepare to take at least 10 minutes just answering the questions.
But the reason it’s so detailed is that when you are done, it CUSTOM TAILORS both the nutritional plan and workout plan JUST FOR YOU to help you achieve your goals.
Then the magic begins. Every single day, you receive a notification on what to do that day. You simply log into the app to get your habit based transformational nutrition and exercise directions.
They are easy to do. After a few weeks, if you’re like me, you’re going be thinking that there’s no way this is going to lead to a serious body transformation, because it’s just too easy.
But doing small, simple, easy things EVERY DAY, and then building on those simple habits day after day, week after week, does start making a major difference in your measurements.
Each month you will re-assess your health, and if you simply connect the dots, and do the simple stuff you are supposed to, you will see those pounds drop off, the strength increase, and you will feel and look better.
And the best part is, this program is designed for LASTING CHANGE. This is no quick fix, band-aid solution. This program will literally get inside you and help you re-wire yourself physically and mentally. You will find yourself overcoming cravings. You’ll experience more will power.
You will very naturally gain control over foods that used to control you.
And if you are a parent, these good habits will bleed into your kitchen, your lifestyle, and the habits of your children, helping set them up for a lifetime of good health.
So, all you have to do to get access to the Precision Nutrition portal, a customized workout plan, and a world class set of supplements designed for your needs, is go to
Choose the plan that works best for you, then watch your e-mail for details on your first shipment of supplements, and your login details for the nutrition and workout plans.
I will also be there for you to offer coaching support. You can message me through the app any time you need help. Contact me directly for anything and everything to do with the course, the plans, the supplements, I am happy to help with all of that.
My goal is to help you not only improve your health, but re-wind the clock and help you achieve better health than you had in your 20’s! Not only do I believe this is possible, but I’m living that out right now. I’m stronger, more flexible, and have better endurance than at any other time in my life, and I want to help you achieve the same thing!
Now, think back one year ago. It doesn’t seem that long ago, does it? Years actually fly by pretty quickly. So while I understand most of the quick fix health types out there are promising “6 weeks to 6 pack abs,” I trust that you are beyond that kind of thinking, and ready for a legitimate, long term approach that can create meaningful change for the rest of your life.
That’s what this program is designed to do.
So, now it’s up to you, just go grab the supplement package that makes your heart sing, and we will get you rolling within the next 24 hours!
I look forward to working with you!