The Dirobi Un-Diet is based on a few basic, easy to follow principles. The challenge people face is that most “diets” are difficult, expensive, and temporary.
The Un-Diet Weight Loss Plan, by contrast, is easy to understand and do, and based on sustainable, permanent, simple solutions that create permanent weight loss without the common downsides of calorie restricted diets.
You won’t find any obsessive calorie counting or expensive pre-packaged foods. The eating plan here at Dirobi is balanced…not laser-focused on carbs, fats or proteins, for example.
It’s simple to do, delicious, and based on foods you already enjoy.
Sounds too good to be true? Read on to learn how the 7 principles of the Dirobi Un-Diet have helped so many people lose weight and keep it off!
The Dirobi Un-Diet is based on the 80/20 principle that eighty percent of results usually come from about twenty percent of the effort.
The same is true in health, in a negative way. Twenty percent of peoples “bad habits” often cause eighty percent of the problems. In The Un-Diet, we slant the 80/20 rule in your favor.
It consists of two phases.
Phase One includes living outside of your comfort zone, just a little bit, while your body drops Pounds and Inches quickly. This phase is the rapid weight loss phase, and is often done for 1-3 months, but can be extended if you want it to without any adverse effects.
Remember, you are the one driving the bus…You decide when it’s time to hop off. You can get right back on phase one at any time!
Phase Two is the normalization stage when you get to loosen up a little after achieving your initial short-term weight loss goal. Congratulations! While you maintain your newly found health and habits, you get to relax a little and enjoy a more freedom in your diet.
The Seven Simple Habits of Phase 1:
- Do not drink calories (except for the few exceptions listed below).
- Eat ALL food very slowly, and mindfully. Even “cheat” foods.
- Intermittent Fasting. Eat within a six to twelve hour window.
- Eat according to the “hand rules” for every meal. Protein the size of your palm, carbs the size of your closed fist, fat the size of your thumb, and an open handful of veggies.
- Observe a simple supplement strategy. Take Pounds and Inches Drops just before your first meal, and just AFTER your last meal of the day before you start the fasting window. See the expanded step 5 information below for additional supplement guidance.
- Move your body every day.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
**Here is a Simple Tip Sheet you can print and put on your fridge to remind yourself of these principles every time you eat: Download the Tip Sheet PDF
We had a small weight loss test group take Pounds and Inches Drops while using this protocol. The results were excellent and the majority of the group was successful, with weight loss in excess of the “2 pounds per week” norm.
The first two respondents reported weight loss of 7 pounds, and 8 pounds, in the first week! See what they had to say:
Now it’s Your Chance!
Want to give this protocol a shot? Its super easy (and VERY inexpensive).
- Order Pounds and Inches Drops here.
- Download the PDF guide here, print it and stick it on your fridge!
- Get support from Dirobi Owner Dave Sherwin, PN1 (certified nutrition health coach) at the private Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dirobi
The Dirobi Un-Diet Phase One:
Details About Each of the Seven Habits
1. Do not drink calories.
It’s no surprise that drinking soda and alcohol are some of the worst habits that encourage obesity. Even fresh juice is high in sugar and calories, so this routine has to go…at least for now. Make a commitment to yourself to drink mostly water. Add a little lemon or lime if you want, and keep it clean. No artificial sweeteners, no sugars of any kind. One of the easiest, fastest ways you can turn your health around and drop pounds is to stop drinking calories.
This is also an issue of hydration! Most people are dehydrated, and that causes multiple problems in the body, hampering general health and weight loss.
Drink half your body weight in water every day! So, if you weigh 150 pounds, you need to drink at least 75 ounces of water, not including what you drink during exercise.
If flavor is an issue, no worries! Here are a few ideas for adding a little more variety to your hydration:
- Coffee and herbal teas with no sugar, creamer, or artificial sweeteners. Black baby!
- A healthy energy drink like Focus Up can provide a pick-me-up before hitting the gym, and it tastes great!
- A few drops of ingestible essential oils such as orange, grapefruit, or lemon (Some oils are topical only, so remember to read the labels!).
- Pre-workout drinks before exercise.
- Dirobi Cell Fuel to oxygen boost your body.
- BCAA’s can be added to your water pre and post-workout.
Some people experience trouble drinking plain water because it sits in their stomach like a rock and just doesn’t absorb as quickly as it should. Water molecules are often large and difficult for your body to use. They’re measured in “Dynes,” and regular tap water is typically 70-80 Dynes.
Adding Mimi’s Miracle Minerals to your water or our X2O brings the Dynes down to the 30-40 range, making it much easier to digest. Many people have found that adding these products to their water takes away the discomfort, and encourages better hydration. Simple.
2. Eat all food very slowly and mindfully.
Precision Nutrition, known as one of the best and most credible of all health coaching associations in the world, have 2 non-negotiable rules for weight loss: Eat slowly and mindfully, and Eat only until you feel 80% full. These 2 habits are so powerful that you may want to embrace them for the rest of your life!
The science behind these 2 habits is clear: It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to signal the brain that it is full. If you eat calorie-packed food too fast, you end up pounding down too many calories before your brain gets the message! One additional side effect of eating too fast is feeling bloated and gassy…Yuck.
Because the Dirobi Un-Diet Plan allows you to eat the foods of your own choosing (within guidelines, of course) you have the freedom to prepare them how you wish, and savor the flavors you love! Slow down and enjoy! Try not to eat while driving or using your devices. Instead, make each meal a highly enjoyable, nutritional experience. Add 5-10 minutes to each meal and your body will thank you!
Speaking of doing things a little more mindfully, why not add in a meditation session to each day? Just 10 minutes a day of guided meditation can lower stress and increase the direction and quality of your life.
3. Intermittent Fasting (IF).
“IF” is a very effective way to lose weight and improve health generally! Loads of scientific studies show that a few hours of rest and relaxation for your gut can work wonders. Choose your very own 6-12 hour eating window, and stick to it. Eating within your fasting window might look something like this:
- Breakfast at 10 am, lunch at 1 pm, and dinner at 5 pm. Consider the following the Dirobi Un-Diet principles while mapping out your day.
- No Calorie Counting. “I love looking up the caloric content of everything on my plate each day!” said nobody, ever. The Dirobi Un-Diet makes this neurotic activity a thing of the past.
- Sustainable. IF is a healthy habit anyone can take advantage of…and this trendy technique is here to stay. Fasting puts our cells into repair mode, which allows them to combat virtually every disease we encounter.
- Aids Digestion. That extra down-time for your gut allows it to come back even stronger when you are in your eating window.
- Immunity and Energy Level Boost: While your gut gets stronger, so does your brain and body. They’re all connected.
- Hormone Levels and Response: Our bodies are constantly fighting environmental toxins and other forms of stress. Hormone levels become more balanced and regulated through IF.
- IF and Working Out: You can work out first thing in the morning, and stick to your eating window, beginning at 10 am or later. Studies have found that your body will respond with a 15% increase in fat loss.
- Reduces Gut Inflammation and Increases Gut Microbiome: Time-restricted eating allows the gut to reset and replenish. Even if you decide to interrupt IF during a vacation or weekend once in a while, studies show that people who practice IF even 5 days a week will amass greater health.
A Few IF Facts to Keep in Mind:
- Research has found that eating windows that are less than 6 hours have no advantage. An 8 hour window is ideal, leaving a fasting window of 16 hours. For women of child bearing years, a 10-12 hour minimum window is recommended.
In short, the focus becomes more on when to eat and how to eat rather than “what” we eat. IF naturally leads to fewer calories consumed because it drastically reduces impulse eating and late night snacking (a weight loss killer!). One more advantage to IF includes reducing cholesterol…10% better after only 4 weeks!
Eat just 2 meals per day during the weight loss phase. Creating the fasting window is as simple as skipping breakfast for a lot of people. Shoot for a 16/8 protocol where you eat all food within an 6-8 hour window. Make sure you are done by 7 PM at the latest to work with your body’s circadian rhythm and drink plenty of water during when fasting.
In phase 2 you can introduce a third meal. You can also lighten up and reduce down to 5 days a week of IF.
The key to transitioning is to figure out what works best for you. The question “how’s that workin’ for ya?” is a great one to be asking at this phase. If you start gaining weight, then adjust either your amount of meals, or size of portions.
Watch the scale and determine through your own trial and error the best eating window, and how much to eat each day based on your activity and goals.
4. Eat According to the “Hand Rules” for Every Meal.
The Dirobi Un-Diet rules for each meal are simple!
- Protein: The size of your palm.
- Carbs: The size of your open hand.
- Veggies: The size of your fist.
- Fats: The size of your thumb.
Most studies show that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. No matter how much you work out, poor eating will eventually catch up to you. Be sure and include high-quality carbs, not unhealthy ones like white bread and junk food. Eat plenty of veggies. Ignore the fad diets that shun all carbs and reduce you to a carnivore. These diets are unhealthy long-term and impractical over time…not to mention very expensive!
So what is your best Carb/Protein/Fat ratio? That’s a loaded question and depends a lot on who you are. Your age, body type, athletic goals, and general health will require vastly different nutritional quotas. Getting it right for every meal is the key to momentum in weight loss!
- Carbs, proteins, and fats are all known as macro-nutrients. These are the foods that the body requires in large amounts, providing energy in the form of calories.
As a rule:
- Carbs contain 4 calories/gram.
- Proteins contain 4 calories/gram.
- Fats contain 9 calories/gram.
- There are differences in how quickly each nutrient supplies this energy. For example, carbs provide energy to the body very quickly, while fats provide more slow-burn energy.
- Be sure and include 5-9 servings of veggies daily, and keep in mind that most fruits are counted as carbs because of their natural sugar content. It’s a good idea to keep track of those servings throughout the day to make sure you’re staying within the Un-Diet parameters.
- Using “Green Powders” help meet your personal quotas of fruits and veggies, especially when you’re short on time.
Going to a party, or on a business trip or vacation? The Dirobi Un-Diet fits like a glove no matter your lifestyle! Eating according to the “Hand Rules” simplifies your life, and it works.
5. Observe a Simple Supplement Strategy.
Want to super charge the Un-Diet? Take Pounds and Inches drops while fasting (before your first meal), and before your last meal of the day (usually dinner). Feeling hungry a few hours after dinner? Pounds and Inches can curb your hunger pains any time!
In addition to the Dirobi Un-Diet plan, high quality supplements like Mimi’s Miracle Multivitamins and Mimi’s Miracle Minerals can fill in the gaps left by depleted food (Find these at Dirobi.com at a discount when purchased in packages).
In addition, pre-workout drinks, BCAA’s and joint support products like Mimi’s Miracle Turmeric fill in the gaps and boost your workout! Immune boosting Mimi’s Miracle Glutathione, Omega 3’s and digestive aids like Eat Anything Rx are all great options also found at Dirobi.com.
As mentioned above, even the cleanest, healthiest eater will find deficiencies in today’s produce sections. Start with the best multi and mineral supplements, then add any additional ones based on your needs and goals.
6. Develop a Personal Movement Plan (PMP).
Becoming physically and mentally healthier requires movement! Luckily, this doesn’t mean you need to become a gym rat. Modern exercise science tells us that what constitutes “exercise” doesn’t always require getting into workout clothes and going whole hog for an hour.
Basically, everything counts. Taking the stairs, parking further away, taking a short walk at lunch time, walking the dog in the morning…it all adds up. The point is, humans were designed to move, and move we must in order for our bodies to be healthier.
Consider HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) for short, intense exercise sessions. All levels of HIIT can be found on YouTube, and can be done at home. These gems are amazingly effective at raising metabolism and are obviously great when time is at a premium.
Exercises that encourage mobility and flexibility (like yoga and dance) are extremely beneficial, and can also be done at home. A movement plan that develops strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular health should be fun and simple. Combine these into a daily routine and you’ve hit a home run!
7. Get 7-9 Hours of Sleep Every Night.
Sleep is non-negotiable. It effects our mood as well as our mental and physical health. When we get enough sleep, everything else seems to fall in place.
Studies have found that getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night consistently results in reduced decision making skills, faulty hand-eye coordination, and sub-optimal physical health.
Getting into a good night’s sleep resets your brain and body alike. Hormones adjust and rejuvenate, cells destroy pathogens, and muscles, joints and ligaments mend from the day’s activity. The gut takes a break, and your mind gets a chance to ————-?
Here’s a few Super Sleep Tips to live by:
- Set your alarm to go to bed at the same time each night. Allow yourself an extra half hour or so to detox from all devices that stimulate your mind. Prepare your workout clothes for the next day, take a warm shower or bath, and just take a few minutes to unwind. A good night’s sleep starts earlier than bedtime itself.
- Set another alarm to wake up. We sleep better knowing we won’t be missing out on our morning workout or appointments.
- The correlation of a good night’s sleep and the magic of the Un-Diet come together as your body recovers and heals during those deep sleep hours. Using the nourishment of the good nutrition and supplements you benefit from during the day results in a better night’s rest. Muscles, joints and ligaments heal from the exercise you did, and your gut restores while enjoying those IF hours of calorie avoidance. Hormones re-balance, and the brain recuperates and flushes out toxins.
Once you’ve arrived at your weight loss goal, you’re ready to move into Phase 2 of the Dirobi Un-Diet Plan!
Phase 2 of the Dirobi Un-Diet Plan:
You worked hard to lose those extra pounds, now let’s keep them off! Nothing is more frustrating than a yo-yo diet that forces you to keep crawling back for more.
The Phase 2 approach allows you to be a little more flexible.
Drinking Calories. You can be less strict with what you drink, but continue to stay hydrated with half your body weight in ounces of water per day, keep alcohol and juices to a minimum, and be a label reader.
Go ahead and add in a third meal each day. IF is always a great habit to hold onto, but it’s not a bad idea to make your evening meal a light one on most days. We just don’t need the calories as our bodies prepare for a good night’s sleep (Remember that time you ate a steak dinner at 9 pm? How did that night go for you?).
Hold onto that Hand Rule strategy for Portion Size. We get into trouble with our weight when we throw self-control out the window. Our new lean bodies just don’t require the calories of our old chubbier bodies! You look great, and you worked hard for it. Why would you ever give in to bad habits again?
Keep Taking Those Supplements. Your body loves the extra care you’ve been feeding it in terms of micro-nutrients…those cells are stronger, and your body is responding to exercise, great sleep and fighting off those germs. Food alone will never supply what our bodies need every single day.
Ramp Up your PMP (Personal Movement Plan). Without all those extra pounds to slow you down and make your joints feel the cringe, you’ll want to challenge yourself to a few more steps or some extra weights on the bar. Your new body is free to be better than you’ve ever been, and the mirror will once again be your friend.
Keep Up the Sleep. 7-9 hours per night of deep sleep will always be one of your body’s best friends.
Get Started Now!
Want to give this protocol a shot? Its super easy (and VERY inexpensive).
- Order Pounds and Inches Drops here.
- Download the PDF guide here, print it and stick it on your fridge!
- Subscribe to the free training course here (a 1 month free e-mail training course that walks your through everything, step by step) here!
- Get support from Dirobi Owner Dave Sherwin, PN1 (certified nutrition health coach) at the private Dirobi Health Facebook group here!
Wishing you health and success!
Dave Sherwin, PN1
Certified Health Coach
**Note that if you have health challenges, especially diabetes, it’s important to discuss this method with your doctor before proceeding.**
(1) Results from animal studies show TRF (time restricted feeding) to be associated with reductions in body weight, total cholesterol, and concentrations of triglycerides, glucose, insulin, interleukin 6, and tumor necrosis factor-α as well as with improvements in insulin sensitivity.
Weight loss in a study on men: